FAQS: Why Hot?
Practicing in a hot room will get you hooked!
Our heat is like no other. The detoxifying effects on the body, mind, and spirit are amazing. Read below to find out why Far Infrared Radiant panels are by far the BEST heat for yoga!
WHY PRACTICE IN THE HEAT?
The heat creates an exhilarating detoxifying sweat, flushing toxins from your blood and metabolic waste from your muscles. Blood flow is increased and fresh oxygen is delivered to the muscles, joints, organs and glands. Practicing in an environment with Far Infrared heat takes yoga and barre to a new level. You will leave feeling euphoric and cleansed!
HOW DOES THE HEAT HELP HEAL INJURIES & STRENGTHEN THE BODY?
Practicing in the heat provides numerous physical benefits such as softening collagen around the joints, strengthening the heart and cardiovascular systems, speeding up the breakdown of glucose and fatty acids, rejuvenating the skin, and assisting in the removal of inflammatory free-radicals from the body. Infrared generated heat stimulates vasodilatation of peripheral blood vessels, bringing oxygen to joints and extremities, speeding the healing of sprains and strains, relieving pain and reducing the time it takes the body to recover from an injury.
WHAT DOES THE HEAT DO FOR THE MIND?
The challenge of exercising in a heated environment provides a place where one can learn to control thoughts, and work on being present and content amidst the continually changing conditions in life. You benefit from a strengthening of willpower, self-control, concentration and determination in this challenging environment. Over time the body and mind adjust and heat feels like a second home.
WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT THE HOT YOGA BARRE'S HEATING SYSTEM?
We have a state-of-the-art, custom designed Far Infrared Radiant heating system that infuses infrared heat into the body. Infrared heat warms objects without forced air. This cleaner heat provides a much more comfortable atmosphere, unlike many hot yoga studios, which can be stuffy and stifling, from the use of forced air. We control the humidity in our studios and pump fresh oxygen back into the room. You’ll notice the difference practicing at HYB!
WHAT IS FAR-INFRARED RADIANT HEAT?
Far Infrared radiant (FIR) heat is a form of naturally occurring energy that heats objects by a process called direct light conversion. Direct light conversion warms only the object and does not raise the temperature of the surrounding free air. This type of energy travels 2-3″ deep into the body and increases circulation and nourishes damaged tissue. Traditional heating systems heat the temperature of the air to a very high level within the room to warm the body. Some people have difficulty breathing in this extremely warm air. Infrared heat works differently. Instead of heating the air within the room, Infrared heats the body directly. The result is deeper tissue penetration and removal of toxins from the body while avoiding the extremely hot air of traditional forced air heating systems. Another added benefit is that Infrared heat creates a far more sterile environment, less likely to spread and cultivate bacteria in the humid air. The room only gets hot when we do, so the room is not oppressively heated when you enter.
HOW DOES FAR INFRARED HEAT IMPACT THE BODY DIFFERENTLY FROM NORMAL FORCED AIR SYSTEMS?
Infrared heat energy that is absorbed by human cells causes a physical phenomenon called “resonance”. The cellular activities are instantly invigorated, resulting in a better blood circulation and an overall improved metabolism. When infrared heat penetrates through skin to the subcutaneous tissues, it transforms from light energy into heat energy. The thermal effect within the deep layers of the tissues causes bloods vessels and capillaries to dilate, promoting a better blood circulation, and the heat produced helps to get rid of the body’s toxins and metabolic wastes through sweating.
TOP TEN BENEFITS OF HYB'S FAR INFRARED HEATING SYSTEM
- Increases metabolic rate and assists in weight loss and fat burning.
- Increases the body temperature, which stimulates T-cells and boosts the immune system.
- Assists in removal of inflammatory free-radicals from the body.
- Detoxifies and purifies your skin and body by expelling dirt, chemicals, and dead skin cells through increased perspiration.
- Helps reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Increases blood circulation to carry great amounts of nutrients to the skin, thus promoting healthy tone and texture.
- Helps eliminate toxins such as alcohol, nicotine, cholesterol, and other carcinogens that accumulate in the body during day-to-day life. The body naturally eliminates these toxins slowly through sweating. Infrared heat stimulates glands to increase sweat production, eliminating toxins more quickly.
- Delivers increased oxygen to all systems in the body; speeding up healing time for injuries, ailments, wounds, and joint stiffness.
- Studies have recently shown that infrared heat aids healing of arthritis, rheumatism, and muscle spasms. It has been introduced as an aid in the cancer treatment process.
- Your muscles and connective tissue become more elastic and you can increase your range of motion with much less chance of injury.