WE LOVE BAPTISTE TRAINED YOGIS!
The Hot Yoga Barre yoga instructors are responsible for leading students on an amazing journey of growth, fun, and fitness. Our instructors are experienced professionals with various forms of hot yoga such as power vinyasa, Yin, and set-sequence yoga. Our instructors are inspiring, engaging, passionate yogis who are dedicated to building The Hot Yoga Barre community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create an exceptional client experience and develop a connection with each student by being warm, engaging, and genuinely interested in the development of students.
- Maintain high levels of client communication through personal interaction. Be open to and encourage feedback from clients.
- Plan fun and interesting classes that appeal to clients and draw the maximum number of students.
- Plan and teach classes based on sound yoga fundamentals to maximize safety of clients. Monitor well-being and alignment of clients throughout class.
- Provide appropriate guidance for clients including hands on assists, detailed instruction as needed, and up/down modifications for all levels.
- Assist and teach clients how to use safe and effective form.
- Create motivating and fun soundtracks for each class; instructors should have a wide variety of playlists to choose from and rotate them regularly.
- Arrive a minimum of 15 minutes prior to class start time to prepare and set up the studio with props, music, lighting, heat, etc.
- Ensure studio environment, floor, mirrors, and props are exceptionally clean both before and after class.
- Maintain appropriate studio conditions with heating, light levels, music volume and other areas that affect client experiences.
- Stay 15 minutes after class to clean the studio, mop floors, and interact with clients.
- Represent The Hot Yoga Barre as an Ambassador both inside and outside the studio. Promote the studio and the yoga community.
- Assist with marketing and social media efforts to bring new clients into the studio.
- Collaborate with studio owner and HYB team on all aspects of studio operations including marketing, sales, retention, client satisfaction, instructor development, schedules, improvements and changes.
- Show up on time for all scheduled classes and fulfill all instructor requirements.
- Learn how to work front desk systems, check in procedures, and new client sign up procedures; assist at front desk as necessary.
- Establish external relationships/partnerships within the community.
- Attend all HYB staff meetings.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
Education, Skills, and Requirements
- 200 RYT Certification; prefer minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
- Current First Aid/ CPR/AED certification required; current liability insurance.
- An understanding of the yoga lifestyle and a passion for growing The Hot Yoga Barre community.
- Knowledge of yoga safety and body mechanics.
- Excellent client relationship skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to lead inspiring and motivating classes that clients love.
- Outgoing, friendly personality with an ability to connect with others.
- Strong work ethic and habits including attendance, punctuality, and organizational skills.
- Client focused: Serving with respect, compassion and a sense of humor.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.