Our kid's yoga camp is a fun half-day experience for boys and girls led by Motion Mom.
We will use music, games, as well as other tools and activities to help children focus their minds and stretch their bodies, all while having loads of fun! We use a system based on the classical study of yoga and transform it into an experience for children to both introduce them to yoga as well as inspire them to develop a practice and give them tools to take into adulthood.
Yoga is about exploring and learning in a fun, safe and playful way. Yoga and kids are a perfect match.
If you’ve never considered Yoga for your children consider these life skills they can learn:
- How to deal with stress: As adults, our children’s stressors don’t always seem important to us but the truth is that if they perceive it as a stressor, it is. The best course of action we can take is to teach our children how to manage their own stress. Yoga and meditation have been proven as fantastic coping mechanisms for daily stressors for children (and adults!)
- Motor Skills: When we practice physical postures (asanas), we learn how to control our body, how to become more strong and flexible and where our bodies limitations exist.
- Breathing techniques: Pranayama (breathing deeply and fully) will teach the children how to bring awareness and peacefulness back to their bodies. It helps the children feel more relaxed and focused
- Balance: Much like life, Yoga is all about balance. Just as we learn that if we stretch one side of the body we must stretch the other side, we also learn that we must balance the busy part of our life with quiet time and relaxation.
- Love for others as well as themselves: The children will cultivate friendships, learn how to be a helpful community member all the while learning how to love themselves mentally and physically through the regular practice of yoga.
- SLEEP! As with any great physical activity, a good yoga practice can mean a good nights sleep and a peaceful night for you!
To register please create an account under the parents name and sign up under this account.
Please note this camp will take place in our private studios and is NOT done in the heat!